When all else fails and I cant figure out what I want to take to lunch to maintain my calorie intake. I usually make this my go-to dish. I’ve actually served it for my friends and shared the recipe with them and they’ve enjoyed it also.
Farfalle with Sausage, Cannellini Beans, and Kale
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups pasta mixture and 2 teaspoons cheese)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 8 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh kale
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ounce shaved fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid; keep warm.
Drain tomatoes in a small sieve over a bowl, reserving 2 teaspoons oil; slice tomatoes. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sliced tomatoes, reserved 2 teaspoons tomato oil, onion, and sausage to pan; cook 10 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add seasoning, pepper, and broth to pan. Stir in kale; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until kale is tender. Stir in pasta, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, and beans.
Protein 18.7 g
Sodium: 669 mg
Calcium: 205 mg
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine
Photos by ME